So I know that there shouldn’t be any shame when it comes to reading and I know that it’s impossible to read every book ever published and I tell people this all the time….. BUT…… I still feel shameful that there are so many amazing sequels that I am excited for but I haven’t read the book before it or in some cases haven’t even started the series!
- Batman: Nightwalker – Marie Lu (just saying I am a massive Batman fan and I need this in my life!!)
- Catwoman: Soulstealer – Sarah J Maas
- Royals – Rachel Hawkins
- Save the Date – Morgan Matson
- Listen to your Heart – Kasie West
- What if it’s Us – Becky Albertalli
- Not if I Save you First – Ally Carter
- Obsidio (The illuminae Files #3) – Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) – Holly Black
- Unearthed (Unearthed #1) – Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
- The Belles (The Belles #1) – Dhonielle Clayton
- Ace of Shadows (The Shadow Game #1) – Amanda Foody
- Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieve #1) – Mary E. Pearson
- Puddin’ (Dumplin #2) – Julie Murphy
- The Darkest Star (Origin #1) – Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Zenith (The Androma Saga #1) – Sasha Alsberg & Lindsay Cummings
- Truly Devious (Truly Devious #1) – Maureen Johnson
I wonder if you can spot the theme here…. 80% are the first in the series.
And now the shameful list of series I am excited for but need to do some serious catching up in order to read these!
- War Storm (Red Queen #4) – Victoria Aveyard
- A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes #3) – Sabaa Tahir
- Restore Me (Shatter Me #4) – Tahereh Mafi
- Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3) – Cassandra Clare
- The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark #2) – Veronica Roth
- Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children Book 4 – Ransom Riggs
- Legendary (Caraval #2) – Stephanie Garber
- Untitled (Throne of Glass #7) – Sarah J Maas
- The World of Throne of Glass – Sarah J Maas
- A Court Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3.1) – Sarah J Maas
- Wires and Nerve Vol 2 (Wires and Nerve #2) – Marissa Meyer
- Shadowsong (Wintersong #2) – S Jae-Jones
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Guide #2) – Mackenzi Lee
- Untitled (Warcross #2) – Marie Lu
- Untitled (Three Dark Crowns #3) – Kendare Blake
- Inferno (Talon #5) – Julie Kagawa
- Untitled (Renegades #2) – Marissa Meyer
- Sightwitch (The Witchlands #0.5) – Susan Dennard
- The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes #3) – Brittany Cavallaro
- The Towering Sky (The Thousandth Floor #3) – Katherine McGee
There are more books that I am excited for but even this list is a bit overwhelming. Guess I better start reading.
So apparently it is already the second day of the new year…… WHAT THE HELL…… Last year completely flew by and I fell like I didn’t get half of what I wanted to get done in 2017 done.
So new year means new plans and I wanted to spend my first post of the year setting my new reading goals and challenges. I always start off the year really well but then of course life gets in the way and I fall off around the middle of the year and then quickly jump back on board around October trying to finish all my goals in time. I guess this is the same for many people and their new year resolutions…….
BUT NOT THIS YEAR!
This year I am going to back down on my goals and give myself more of a chance to complete them. I am also going to do more read-a-thons as I find it a good way to get a lot read (it also stops me from spending so much time playing games on my Ipad or watching Netflix).
So here they are…. My 2018 Reading Goals / Challenges
- Read at least 52 books
- Complete 12 read-a-thons (this includes 1 and 2 day read-a-thons)
- Cut down the number of books I own but haven’t read (there are a lot!)
- Read 2 classics (I know that this isn’t many but it will be 2 more than I read last year)
- Post a review for at least half the books I read in 2018
- Post a non-review post every 2 weeks
- If possible I would love to get back into Booktube but this is only an idea at the moment.
- Goodreads: 52 books
- Around the Year in 52 – This is a Goodreads group that gives prompts for 52 books to read throughout the year.
- Mt TBR – I will be setting the goal of Mt Vancouver which is 36 books from my TBR. To find out the rules for Mt TBR check out MyReadersBlock’s post.
- Beat the Backlist – 40 books. Similar to Mt TBR but it includes any book published before 2018. Check out this challenge here.
So that’s it. I’m not going to commit myself to any more at the moment as there are still another 363 days that I can other challenges that excite me.
That’s all for now.
Hi Book Nerds,
So the Dewey’s 24hr Read-a-thon is on again on Saturday the 21st of October and I have decided to join in. I think that this is my 3rd Dewey’s read-a-thon and I really enjoy them as I love that it is a short read-a-thon and I can just set aside one day to read instead of feeling bad about not reading a lot consistently through the week as life gets in the way. The only downside to the read-s-thon is that in Melb, Australia it starts at 11pm so I don’t think I will be getting to much reading at the start of the 24hrs.
So the plan….
I will be finishing An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir as I am halfway through and loving it.
Then I might pick up a few comic TPBs as I have quite a few on my shelf that I have been meaning to get to and comics and graphic novels are perfect for read-a-thons.
I am hoping to finish at least 3 books in the 24hr period. I don’t want to try and pack in too much as things always come up and I can only read for so long before my eyes need a break and my coffee cup need filling.
I will be on Twitter and Instagram during the 24hrs and I hope that many of you will also be participating.
Until next time.
So I have been thinking about doing this blog for awhile now and lets be honest I have been sitting on my hands about starting. See… I started off by using blogger but that site really doesn’t work for what I have in mind for this blog, so I kind of paused my blog for awhile and then I remembered Word Press. I don’t know why I forgot about the site but I am hoping that it allows me to do what I want with this blog.
So lets get into my ideas of where I want this blog/website to go..
Basically this is going to be my place to talk about and review comics and books. See my issue is that I love reading and I didn’t want to do a blog only focusing on comics or only focusing on books, but I still wanted something that would allow me to separate the two. So basically I will have one page with comic reviews and another that has my books.
The other thing I want to make anyone reading this aware of is that I have really only just gotten back into reading comics. I read them as a kid but really I am writing this blog as a newbie stepping into the world of comics (well I will be focusing on the trades). I hope that as I explore the world of comics I am able to recommend good jumping on points as that is something that I always worry about with comics. I guess it’s a little because of my OCD but I would love to be able to go back to the start and read every comic book and maybe in the future I can explore the extensive back list of comics out there.
I guess that is enough for now and hopefully I will have my first review up soon.